March 10, 2010

Play Day

My good friend, Jan Weirath, joined me in the studio today.  Jan is new to dollmaking. We had a lot of fun creating our little dolls.
A very simple doll drawn on freezer paper, traced onto muslin, stitched and cut out.  After the doll was stuffed with fiber fill, it was enhanced with acrylic paint, colored pencils, beads, buttons, yarn, etc.
Jan hard at work!
Richard came home in time to take our picture.
Jan and her sweet little diva doll.  (I'm sorry I didn't get a close up of the doll.)
My doll

We managed to get these little girls done in about 3 hours.  It was a really treat for me to sew with a friend - I hardly ever do that!  It was truly a pleasure spending time with Jan.   Didn't she do a fine job?

3 comments:

Gina said...

Looks like such a fun day! Your dolls are wonderful.

The Artful Diva said...

Dear Gina,

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment!

Pat

Anonymous said...

This doll is so cute. I love the heart! Remindes me of a mermaid. I have so many dolls I want to make, and I have 5 little granddaughters, and I don't seem to get around to sewing them. Funny that dolls are usually for adults! I have a collection of cloth rag dolls I've made.