April 15, 2011

Hippity Hop...

Spring is my favorite time of year.  So many things to celebrate.  Using PSE, I created a couple of  Easter cards for my granddaughters, Emily and Abby.

These cards may look simple, but there are numerous layers, brushes and filters used to create each one.  I was going for a vintage feel.



Each card was printed on 5.5 x 8.5 card stock then folded in half.  A piece of plain paper was cut to
5.25 x 8.25.  An image from the card was printed on to this.  This sheet (for my message) is folded in half and inserted into the card.  Holes were punched about 1" from each side on the crease and a ribbon threaded through and tied on the outside.


I found these sweet little "baskets" at a sidewalk sale.  (Now you know where my inspiration came from!)



I keep empty cereal boxes on hand.  One never knows when a box like this will come in handy.  In this instance, I'll use one to mail the baskets.

Open box flat, scrub with sandpaper

Layer of Gesso

Layers of acrylic paint

Label created in PSE - voila a mailing box that matches the gift!

I'm off to the store to find some jelly beans/candy to place in the baskets so I can mail this box out.

Go to Pink Saturday for more inspiration.

15 comments:

Arabella said...

They are very pretty and I love the box! You're ingenious. Happy Pink Saturday!! Have a great weekend :O)

Tara said...

Fun cards! That box is a very creative idea too! happy PS and have a terrific weekend Pat!

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

Happy Pink Saturday!


Love these cards!


~ Gabriela ~

Unknown said...

Very sweet...good for you!

HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
Sarah

suesueb said...

Lucky girls~the cards are fabulous! I hope to learn to use digital embellishing one day. Hope you have a great pink weekend! Come visit me, I have a giveaway this weekend!

Loretta said...

Wow; your cards are soooo cute! You're very talented! Happy PS!

Char said...

Love what you did with the box. I just know Emily and Abbey will cherish their cards, handmade with love.
Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy Pink Saturday Pat Sweetie...
What a beautiful share today. I love these beautiful cards that you made for the grand kids. Emily and Abby are so lucky. I love the two little baskets that you found as well. They are so darn cute.

Your mailing boxes are so precious. Can't you just hear the squealing of Abby and Emily when they open these boxes?

Beautiful share sweetie. Happy Pink Saturday. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Wow! You are one clever gal! That is so unique what you did with the cereal box! I am going to remember that! Your cards are charming and I know your granddaughters will love them!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Jil

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

Ah some lucky little girls to have such a creative grandma! Love it!

Happy PS,
Jacalyn

Gone said...

Love the pretty chickie box! HPS!!

Betty said...

What sweet gifts. I love how you made the packing box too. I might have to try that myself. Happy Pink Saturday!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Wow! Your cards are wonderful little works of art... Great job.

Warm blessings,
Spencer

Linda M. said...

Happy Pink Saturday Pat, I'm sure Abby and Emily will love your Easter cards and gifts. You captured that vintage feel for the cards and what a clever use of a ceral box. Smiles, Linda

Jennifer said...

The cards are even prettier in person, Mom. The girls love them and the cute baskets ... and especially the candy LOL! Lucky for me they are good sharers ... mommy loves chocolate, too ... yum!