June 18, 2012

A Rainy Evening on the Beach

As soon as I got to the beach, it started to rain.  I had my camera and took the time to take a few pictures before heading back home.  (I admit it - I'm a weenie when it comes to lightning.  We have lots of lightning when it rains here and I take no chances.)

We're experimenting with black and white editing in Beyond Layers.

This is my black and white edit...using Aperture filters

A touch of color brought back...

 original photo

I really like all three versions - how about you?

Linking to:


9 comments:

Jeanie said...

Going to try this again -- wouldn't kill me to sign into blogger so it would stick! I like all three as well -- different moods. Lately I've been into "spot of color" but I have to say the green palms on the original are so full of life, I hate to see that lost!

ashok said...

i like the black & white!

Kia said...

B&W images are so charming, aren't they? :)
Enjoy your day!

geetlee said...

I like all three version too. Love the lines of the image, very dramatic.

Michelle said...

Nice angle of view, good contract of light. Light the textures of wood/greenery and clouds.

Merike said...

Lovely b/w image :)

-Merike-

Ladytee said...

I like the black & white the best. It looks like a pic I would frame to put in my sun room.

Anonymous said...

I like the three together - the progression from black and white to color.

Anonymous said...

Usually I'm drawn to the black and white photos, but there's something about the green leaves and touches of blue in the third one that strikes a chord and draws me deep into the picture.