December 17, 2012

Snow in the Everglades

I don't know if it has ever snowed in the everglades - that is until today.  My husband and I took a Sunday drive to Everglades City.  I stopped here and there to take photos.  (I wanted to experiment with my new DSLR camera.)

An overlay of snowflakes added to original photo to create this "winter" scene.

 Using the original photo, I created a painting using Photoshop Elements and made a card to be left  where a stranger may find it, pick it up and hopefully know it was made with love and kindness.
We need to spread more kindness in our world especially now after all the pain and suffering caused by the horrific shootings in Sandy Hook CT.  My heart goes out to those families.

One card hidden behind a tissue box on a shelf in my local Publix grocery store.  I had a mammogram yesterday - I hid the second card under a stack of gowns in the dressing room at the lab.  I wrote a personal message on the back of the cards as well as my email address.  I wonder if I will ever know who found the cards.


14 comments:

Sueann said...

Love the overlay...snowflakes..cool
Hugs
SueAnn

Kia said...

Both beautiful, Pat, I love the second one in particular. :)
Have a wonderful week.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful piece of art you created to add a smile to someone's day....I like the fact that you are taking action and not just 'talking'...that is how we can change the world.

Pride In Photos Beauty said...

Love the last one with the vintage look...very nice.
Laurie @ Pride in Photos

Lynne with an e said...

A lovely unique card, and a beautiful random act of kindness.

Donna said...

How sweet of you to do that! I bet you will give some folks a smile. The texturing of your photo is lovely too.

Kia said...

Just wanted to with you a most wonderful Christmas. xo

Rosemary Aubut said...

Beautifully done! Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Unknown said...

such a nice idea!

Tamar SB said...

I am trying to come up with a random act to do! Enjoy your new camera!

Deanna said...

I love how you are spreading kindness and love in your part of the world. Beautiful image along with stunning textures and overlays. Have a blessed Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely!

Linda said...

really pretty work here - love the snowflakes!! Have a happy holiday season.....

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet thing to do...love the randomness of who might discover these beautiful cards...did you ever hear anything?